Do you know what are the requirements to apply for 2024 visa lottery? The United States Dept (USA) opened the record Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, called the Visa Lottery. The management explains what you need, what is the deadline, the process and more in the following content.
The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for Immigrants Grants permanent residence in the US and may allow for future US citizenship. Each year the United States issues 55,000 visas to people from low-immigration countries.
If you are interested in applying, do it quickly as there are millions of applicants. Find the details below.
What are the requirements to apply for 2024 visa lottery?
According to the State Department, the requirements to participate are:
- Must have at least a secondary education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of 12 years of formal primary and secondary education.
- Two years of work experience within the last 5 years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience.
What is the deadline to apply for the 2024 visa lottery?
Dates are On October 5, 2022 from 12:00 p.m (GMT-4) to 12:00 p.m (GMT-4) On Tuesday, November 8, 2022.however, don’t wait until the last moment as the demand is high. Application is made through the Electronic Diversity Visa Program website.
What is the cost of submitting an application to apply for the 2024 Visa Lottery?
Sending the request Free. No cost.
How do I register for the 2024 Visa Lottery?
You need to follow the following steps:
- Sign in https://dvprogram.state.gov/
Fill in the following information:
- The first and last name as it appears on your passport.
- date of birth.
- The city where you were born.
- Your country of birth.
- The country you are applying to (usually this corresponds to your country of birth, but there may be exceptions, for example, if you are applying to your spouse’s country).
- A recent photograph of you and photographs of your spouse and/or children if included in the application. For more details, Enter here.
- Your current country of residence.
- Phone Number (Optional)
- e-mail address.
- The highest level of education you have ever achieved.
- Your marital status (if you have a spouse, you must enter their information, even if you do not plan to settle down with him or her or plan to divorce).
- Information about whether or not you plan to bring your children to the United States with you.
When will the 2024 visa lottery results be out?
Results will be available from May 6, 2023 to at least September 30, 2024. To find out if you’ve been drawn, do the following:
- to use Participant status verification Speak directly with the US State Department to see if you were successful.
- Enter your confirmation number.
Note: Note that You will not receive a letter or email notifying you if you win.
What if I am selected in the 2024 Visa Lottery?
If you are selected, you must do the following:
- Submit a green card application with Format DS-260.
- Attend an interview.
- You must have sufficient financial resources to reside in the United States by 2024, the year the visas are issued.
Which countries are participating in the 2024 visa lottery?
The State Department distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions and no country can receive more than 7% of diversity visas. Eligible Countries:
- Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Ivory Coast (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia , Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone , Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Iceland, Iceland , Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao Special Administrative Region, North Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Serbia, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Vatican City.
- Federated States of Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Central America, South America and the Caribbean
- Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Surina, Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay.
What are the visa types?
The most common nonimmigrant visas are:
- Business Visa
- Tourist Entry Ticket
- Work Visa
- Student visa
- Consular Visa
- Transit Visa
- Journalist visa
“Passionate coffee fanatic. Social media lover. Twitter expert. Extreme music practitioner. Zombie junkie. Hardcore travel specialist.”